SPECIAL CARE FOR YOUR BUSY SHE BAGS AND ACCESSORIES:
We design our bags and accessories with durability, functionality and beauty in mind. Our craftsmanship and materials are of the highest quality. Please follow our recommended care guide to keep your BUSY SHE leather in optimal condition, year after year. With proper care, your BUSY SHE piece should last a lifetime.
We recommend spraying/treating your leather lightly with some appropriate protector/ waterproofer upon receiving your bag or accessories and then periodically treating the exterior of your bag with leather cream or wax to preserve its softness and sheen. We don’t recommend or endorse any particular leather protector treatment brand as there are just too many to track. However, there are many effective and safe brands out there- just make sure you always READ THE LABEL carefully, do a test patch first and leave overnight. Please note our bags comprise of both natural leather along with suede. Both are important to maintain and look after but generally different products are used.
TO KEEP YOUR BUSY SHE LEATHER SOFT AND SUPPLE:
We strongly recommend periodically treating your BUSY SHE to a coating of leather conditioner, balm or wax.
- TEST a small patch before coating entire bag. Some products may change the colour of the leather.
- Apply a THIN, even layer of leather conditioner, balm or wax to your bag with a soft, clean sponge or cloth.
- Wipe off any excess product with a soft, dry, leather cloth.
Caution: Overuse of products designed to keep leather soft can result in too much softening and may result in the bag losing its shape.
TO AVOID STRETCHING THE LEATHER:
To ensure your bags ability to retain its shape, luster and beauty for a lifetime of use we recommend:
- Limit the number of items stored in the bag over long periods.
- Limit storing heavy items for long periods.
- Avoid over-stuffing pockets.
STORING YOUR BUSY SHE BAGS AND ACCESSORIES:
- Protect your BUSY SHE by storing it in a clean, dry space.
- Be sure your piece is completely DRY before storing it.
- For optimal results in maintaining your bag’s shape – empty bag before storing and use bag stuffing to ensure optimal shape.
- For long periods of storage, we recommend keeping your item in a soft cotton case such as a BUSY SHE 100% cotton tote or any standard pillowcase. This will prevent discoloration from dust or infestation by insects (always check for them after outdoor adventures!).
- If you plan for your bag or accessory to stay in storage for an extended length of time, inspect it every 4 weeks. Don’t store with things in it other than bag stuffing.
IF YOUR BUSY SHE PIECE GETS WET:
- Simply wipe dry with a soft leather cloth.
- Do not store your leather piece while wet.
- Wipe off any moisture before storing to prevent mold or mildew.
- Hang to dry.
- Do not use a hairdryer or any type of heat to dry your leather. Applying heat can cause the leather to crack or harden.
- Wipe spills off with a slightly dampened cloth.
- Do NOT use detergents or cleansers on your leather – this could discolor the leather and can destroy the beauty of the bag.
- If necessary use a soft toothbrush to VERY gently scrub away any stains.
VINTAGE TAN LEATHER SPECIFICS
The BUSY SHE bag in Vintage Tan is designed to age beautifully. Over time general wear and tear will increase the bag’s beauty adding to its vintage patina, creating a bag that is uniquely yours, a one off, just like you. The leather will change hue with every scratch and bump, adding to the striking vintage look our bags are known for. This ability to change hue and retain the stunning luster is exclusive to our BUSY SHE Vintage Tan leather bags.
TO ELIMINATE UNWANTED SCRATCHES:
- Using a soft dry cloth, rub scratch in a circular motion to redistribute wax coating.
- For a deep scratch - leather wax can be applied to bring the leather back to its previous condition.
- Leather cream or wax should be applied periodically to preserve softness and luster.